- Cash Flow
- Home Mortgage
- Qualified Plans
- Lease or buy an automobile?
- Loan vs. 0% dealer financing?
- What would my auto payments be?
- Upgrade to a more fuel efficient vehicle?
- Auto loan: accelerated payoff
- How much vehicle can I afford?
- Does inflation impact my standard of living?
- How much am I spending?
- How much do I need for emergencies?
- Pay down debt or invest more?
- How long will my money last?
- Should my spouse work?
- What is my current net worth?
- What is my projected net worth?
- What is my current cash flow?
- What is my projected cash flow?
- Value of reducing or foregoing expenses
- Historical inflation - compare purchasing power
- How much should I be saving for college?
- Can I pay back my student loans?
- Advantages of the Coverdell ESA
- Advantages of a 529 college savings plan
- The value of a college education?
- Payments on a parental (PLUS) loan?
- Live on campus, off campus or at home?
- How long will it take to pay off my credit card?
- How long until my loan is paid off?
- What are my loan payments?
- What is the balance owing on my loan?
- Consolidate my personal debt?
- Re-structuring debts for accelerated payoff
- Cash up front or payments over time?
- Impact of making extra debt payments?
- Pay off debts or invest the money?
- Estimate my credit score
Home & Mortgage
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I refinance my home mortgage (break even)?
- Mortgage calculator
- Comparing mortgage terms (i.e. 15, 20, 30 year)
- Should I pay discount points for A lower interest rate?
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- Should I convert to a bi-weekly payment schedule?
- Compare a 'no-cost' versus traditional mortgage
- What are the tax savings generated by my mortgage?
- Which is better: fixed or adjustable-rate mortgage?
- Adjustable rate mortgage calculator
- How do closing costs impact the interest rate?
- Compare an interest-only versus traditional mortgage
- How much life insurance do I need?
- What is my life expectancy?
- Needs for burial and final expenses?
- How much disability income insurance do I need?
- Chances of becoming disabled
- Long-term care insurance needs
- How much will I earn in my lifetime?
- Tax advantages of an annuity?
- How long will my current life insurance proceeds last?
- Future value of an annuity?
- Which Is Better, Comprehensive Plan Or High-Deductible Plan With HSA?
- How much is my company bonus after taxes?
- How will payroll adjustments affect my take-home pay?
- Convert my salary to an equivalent hourly wage
- Convert my hourly wage to an equivalent salary
- Future value of my employee stock options?
- Exercise my "in-the-money" stock options?
- What may my 401(k) be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 401(k) contribution?
- What may my 457 Plan be worth?
- Impact of increasing my 457 Plan contribution?
- Evaluate my company pension payout options
- How much can I contribute to an IRA?
- Retirement income from my IRA provider?
- Convert to a Roth IRA?
- Qualified plan is worth what retirement?
- Current year required minimum distribution?
- Projected required minimum distributions?
- Lump sum distribution options?
- Maximize my employer 401(k) match?
- Impact of borrowing from my 401(k) plan?
- Impact of early withdrawal from my 401(k)?
- I'm self-employed, how much can I contribute to a retirement plan?
- Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) vs. IRA Rollover?
- Will retirement impact my living expenses?
- How much will I need for retirement?
- Are my current retirement savings sufficient?
- Social Security retirement income estimator
- How does inflation impact my retirement income needs?
- I'm retired, how long will my savings last?
- When should I begin saving for retirement?
- Convert discretionary expenses to savings?
- How much retirement income may my 401(k) provide?
- Compare a Roth 401(k) to a Traditional 401(K)
- Becoming a millionaire
- Income generated by a savings plan
- How long will it take to double my money?
- How long until my savings reach my goal?
- Save now vs. save later
- How much should I save to reach my goal?
- What will my current savings grow to?
- Calculate rate of return
- How do taxes and inflation impact my return?
- What is my effective annual yield?
- What is my potential estate tax liability?
- Federal income tax estimator
- Should I adjust my payroll withholdings?
- Will my investment interest be deductible?
- How much self-employment tax will I pay?
- Capital gains (and losses) tax estimator
- Compare taxable, tax-deferred, and tax-free growth
- How much of my social security benefit may be taxable?
- Tax implications of paying interest?
- Itemize or take the standard deduction?
- What is my taxable-equivalent yield?
- Tax refund estimator
IRS Withholding Calculator
If you are an employee, the Withholding Calculator can help you determine whether you need to give your employer a new Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate to avoid having too much or too little Federal income tax withheld from your pay.
Who Can Benefit From The Withholding Calculator?
- Employees who would like to change their withholding to reduce their tax refund or their balance due;
- Employees whose situations are only approximated by the worksheets on the paper W-4 (e.g., anyone with concurrent jobs, or couples in which both are employed; those entitled to file as Head of Household; and those with several children eligible for the Child Tax Credit);
- Employees with non-wage income in excess of their adjustments and deductions, who would prefer to have tax on that income withheld from their paychecks rather than make periodic separate payments through the estimated tax procedures.
Tips For Using This Program
- Have your most recent pay stubs handy.
- Have your most recent income tax return handy.
- Estimate values if necessary, remembering that the results can only be as accurate as the input you provide.